Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Up To My Neck

I am up to my neck in work. In fact I don't have near enough time to complete what needs to get done today. That's why I am blogging. I need to escape the pressure.

Now, I know this doesn't make sense. As soon as I post this I will be going back to my mega to-do list, only with even less time to accomplish all that needs to be done.

So, why am I doing this if I know that the 'escape' is only temporary and will only compound the problem. Well, because. After all this is the human plight. We stall. We drag our feet. We put off until tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow. I could claim that I work better under pressure and with a tight deadline, but that would be a lie. I work much better when I have time to mull things over and try several different approaches.

Quite frankly, I just want to escape. I am tired of thinking about the things I have to think about and instead I want to do the things that I want to do. Is this immature - probably. Is this unproductive - definitely. Is this a waste of time - sure, unless of course somebody actually reads this and gets something out of it.

Sometimes we have to put down the "have tos" and do the "want tos." I don't want to go to my grave with a massive to-do list of things that I accomplished that were all "have tos." I like to think that I had a little bit of fun on this journey. I know that "have tos" can be fun, but right now they are not.

So, this is it. I can't spend any more time writing this blog. In fact I don't even have time to proof it, so you will have to live with the bad grammar, punctuation and spellin'.

No comments: