Sunday, February 1, 2009

So Much For Frequent Posting

I had resolved that I was going to post to my Blog on a regular basis. I don't think a one month gap between posts qualifies as "regular." So, what happened?
Nothing to say?
No time?
To lazy?
To busy?
All of the above?
Take your pick, they are all valid to some degree.

I admire people who frequently have something INTRESTING to say (Please note the bolding and capitalization of "interesting"). I'm too scattered for that. One moment I am determined that I will expend my energies on practicing guitar. The next moment it is working on my motorcycle. Then I determine I need to spend more time on a little book project of mine. And so on, and so on, etc.

Blogging appeals to me, but the energy to actually blog on a regular basis is more than I apparently am prepared to give it. I should note that just five feet to my right is my open guitar case. Fifteen feet ahead of me is my book project. And just across the room and down a short flight of stairs is the door to the garage, where my bike is awaiting its annual winter maintenance. And of course when I am done this blog I won't be doing any of the above. Noooo, the Superbowl pregame shows are calling my name!

Am I alone, or are you torn in six different directions and opting to do none of them? I suppose to some degree it is human nature, but it also seems to be my nature in particular. I would like to excel at something, but too many things interest me and I am not prepared to give any of them up. There is nothing wrong with being a, "jack of all trades and master of none", its just that I would like to be both "jack" and "master".

No comments: